How to Choose the Hens Party Theme
Before you get started deciding on a Hens Party Theme sit down with the Bride To Be for a chat and to get her ideas of the perfect hens experience for her.
1. The time of year for the Hens Party?
- The time of year is going to have a big effect on what you choose, especially if it’s outdoors. You can theme your hens party to suit the season, for example boho spring afternoon tea or a summer citrus affair. If it’s winter you might choose a gold or monochrome theme, or the opposite, flaming reds and hot pinks to keep you warm.
2. What’s the budget for the Hens Party?
- Would the Bride To Be like a fancy dress theme? If she does, it will cost a bit more, and take more time, the whole getting dressed up thing is almost a party activity in itself, so remember to make time for it. The benefit of a fancy dress theme is that it helps everyone get into the party mood like nothing else does.
3. Are you going to end up the Maid of DisHonour if the Hens Party is pink, fluffy with penis straws and paraphernalia?
- Does your Bride To Be hate the thought of the “typical” Hens Party? Has she asked for a ban on all penis items and pink fluffy stuff? There are other options, heaps of them. From pretty florals, to monocrome to boho, retro or hipster right down to a simple colour scheme in her favourite colours. Boho, gold and monochrome are definite favs at My Hens Party.
4. Is she a fairy tale princess or a I’m more comfortable in camo type of Bride To Be?
- For your fairy tale princess Bride To Be you probably want to be thinking florals, lots of pink, pretty tiaras and a feminine party theme.
- If she is more of a low key, no fuss, Bride To be you might want to go with something more laid back. Maybe a good restaurant and some fine wine, an outdoorsy event or a wild night out with live music type theme.
- For the sophisticated Bride To Be you can ask everyone to dress in certain colours or a particular outfit. The Bride To Be in one colour and everyone else in another makes for great photos.
- Floral crown themes are all the rage at the moment, can be kept simple for the not OTT Bride To Be, and, you can include a fun flower crown making workshop as part of the weekend.
5. Are you having an Outy or an Iny Hens Party?
- If it’s an outy there are some no fun bars and restaurants out there who don’t allow fancy dress, so best to check before you book!
- If you’re having an Iny party and staying in either at home or at your weekend accommodation, go for it, put your best fancy dress forward and have a ball!
6. Activities & Entertainment to match the Theme of your Hens Party
- Choose your activities to match the theme of the Hens Party. If you’re having a girly High Tea consider a game of croquet. If it’s a Vintage Hens Party theme book a burlesque class and pinup makeover and photo session.